Did you know you can achieve the aesthetic of high-gloss two-pack, but with the more cost effective and durable acrylic surface?
The acrylic finished board first came onto the market a few years ago, and we have seen it gain in popularity ever since. Here at Kitchen Trends, we have been dealing with more and more clients who are opting to go with acrylic due to its high durability and ability to provide a superior appearance and finish to two-pack.
With a high-gloss finish, it is suitable for many applications in your home from your kitchen and bathroom vanity doors and panels, to your wardrobes.
Here’s a short video with some up close shots of StyleLite, an Australian made premium high-gloss acrylic finished board that we work with here at Kitchen Trends.
- More cost effective option when comparing to two-pack
- Premium high-gloss finish and velvet finishes available
- Highly scratch resistant and cannot chip, crack or delaminate
- Minor scratches can easily be removed by hand with selected liquid polishes and a soft cloth
- Many contemporary colours available including metallic and various wood-grain looks
- You can opt for darker colours, which generally should be avoided when choosing two-pack due to wear and tear
- A manufacturer’s warranty is provided, and is generally 10 years
Did you know? The acrylic surface becomes more scratch resistant over the first few days after the removal of the protective film, which we remove once installation is complete. This process can also be accelerated with a suitable light polish.
- You are restricted to select from the colour ranges set by the manufacturers. Whereas with two-pack, you can choose whatever colour you like from almost any paint supplier
- You can only achieve a high-gloss or velvet (matte) look finish, whereas two-pack allows you to achieve different levels of gloss
View some of our kitchens that have been custom designed, manufactured and installed by Kitchen Trends. And you can visit both our Newmarket and Burleigh Heads showrooms, where we have kitchens featuring acrylic on display.
Explore this acrylic designer kitchen first-hand in our Kitchen Trends Newmarket Showroom:
8 Edmondstone Street, Newmarket.
Contact Kitchen Trends today to find out more about acrylic surfaces and arrange an obligation free design consultation with our expert team of Designers.